For the third year in a row, we are hosting a unique painting competition open to students in grades 6-12 residing in Ontario, Wayne, Monroe, Livingston, Seneca, and Yates Counties.
Students will receive a 5 in x 7 in canvas and use it to make
artwork that fits the theme, Dreamscapes All artwork entered
will be displayed in the gallery space Upstairs at Main Street Arts.
All media will be accepted, the only stipulation is that the artwork
be done on the provided canvas.
This is a wonderful opportunity for students to showcase their
artwork in a professional gallery setting.
Orders Due from Teachers: Friday, January 29, 2016
Canvas Pick Up: February 4–6, 2016
Artwork Due to Gallery: April 14–16, 2016
Exhibition Dates: April 23–May 7, 2016
Open House: Saturday, April 23, 2016
Artwork Pick Up: May 12–14, 2016
Prizes: Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Recognition given at each grade level.
Entry Fee: $5 registration fee per student. $6 per student if canvas needs to be shipped. One entry per student.
A call for traditional, stylized, and abstracted representations
of the human figure. The goal of this exhibition is to present
a cross section of figurative artwork currently being done across
the country. Open to artists working in all media. This exhibition
is open to all U.S. residents at least 18 years of age.
Read full prospectus here.
Juror: Jonathan Binstock, director of Memorial Art Gallery
in Rochester, NY.
Submission Deadline: March 21, 2016
Exhibition Dates: May 21–July 1, 2016
Opening Reception: Saturday, May 21, 4-7pm
Submit Images and information* by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay entry fee via PayPal
*Follow instructions listed in prospectus. Providing images or information
in your submission that do not adhere to guidelines may result in disqualification of submission. Contact us with questions.
This exhibition is a collaborative effort between Main Street Arts, Clifton Springs Hospital Auxiliary, and Ontario Pathways. The goal
of the exhibition is three-fold:
1. Make people more active and healthy by hiking local trails;
2. Encourage people to connect with their local environment;
3. Give photo-enthusiasts of all levels and abilities the opportunity
to exhibit their photographs in an exhibition.
If your photo is selected, it will be on display from July to September
in the new second floor gallery corridor at the Clifton Springs hospital.
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2016
Exhibition Dates: July 15–September 30, 2016
Opening Reception: TBA
To Submit Your Photos:
1. Send up to 3 .jpeg images (no larger than 3MB each) taken on the Ontario Pathways to email@example.com. All submissions must be taken on or near the trail.
2. Be sure the subject line says the following: “Your Name — Ontario Pathways Exhibit”.
3. Include the following in the body of your email:
- Your Name
- Phone number
- Title of the photograph
- Location where you took the photograph
- Printed size if selected for the exhibition
To submit your artwork for consideration for solo and group
exhibitions at Main Street Arts, please contact the gallery
Please include the following in your email:
• 5 to 7 jpeg images of current work (include image list)
• Artist statement and short biography
• Resume or CV
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.